Frenchman Tony Gallopin (RadioShack-Leopard) took a solo win in the Clasica San Sebastian in Spain on Saturday.
Gallopin rode clear of his fellow escape companions on the final climb of the race, Alto de Arkale, with 15km to go. He then held off the chase to clinch the victory 28 seconds ahead of second-placed Alejandro Valverde (Movistar).
Valverde sprinted ahead of fellow 2013 Tour de France veterans Roman Kreuziger (Saxo-Tinkoff), Mikel Nieve (Euskaltel) and Nicolas Roche (Saxo-Tinkoff).
The win is 25-year-old Gallopin’s biggest victory to date.
Clasica San Sebastian 2013, 232km
1. Tony Gallopin (Fra) RadioShack-Leopard
2. Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Movistar at 28 secs
3. Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Saxo-Tinkoff
4. Mikel Nieve (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi at same time
5. Nicolas Roche (Irl) Saxo-Tinkoff at 29 secs
6. Mikel Landa (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi at 36 secs
7. Moreno Moser (Ita) Cannondale at 51 secs
8. Pieter Serry (Bel) Omega Pharma-QuickStep
9. Bauke Mollema (Ned) Belkin
10. Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Omega Pharma-QuickStep at same time
Tony Gallopin finishes almost half a minute clear of his rivals