Cyber Monday is an extension of the crazy discounts offered on Black Friday, here's our guide to the best Cyber Monday cycling deals
Retailers have long since extended their discounts after Black Friday, across the weekend and on to ‘Cyber Monday’. The idea being that shoppers would raid the stores over the weekend in person, then log on to shop during their [extended] lunch breaks at work on Monday.
The event itself is similar to Black Friday, and many cycling retailers have pretty much stuck with the same deals. However, a few have added some exciting new offers…
Some of the best Cyber Monday 2017 UK deals:
- Free delivery at Decathlon – just for Cyber Monday
- Kryptonite Series 2 U-Lock with 4ft Kryptoflex cable at Cycle Surgery – was £40, now £19
- Nokia Body+ – Body Composition Wi-Fi Scale at Amazon – was £99.95, now £49.99
- Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate and Fitness Wristband at Amazon – was £139.99, now £99.99
- Pro Bike Tool Mini Ratchet Tool Set at Amazon – was £44.99, now £14.95 (lightning deal – £23.79 later today)
- GVDV Bike Rear Light at Amazon – was £19.99, now £7.99
- Pro Bike Tool mini Co2 inflator at Amazon – was £19.99, now £15.99
- Lazer Z1 Helmet at ProBikeKit – was £199.99, now £59.99
- Continental GP4000s II Folding TyreS With 2 Free Inner Tubes at Merlin – was £109.99, now £61.99
- Look 765 Ultegra Road Bike – 2017 – was £2200, now £1398
- Hoicmoic USB Rechargeable Bike Lights – was £50.99, now £16.99 (lightning deal – £22.99 later today)
Best Cyber Monday/Black Friday 2017 bike deals
The newest 2018 bikes have rolled on to the shop floor – so that means the 2017 versions are now reduced and there are further bargains as part of the Cyber Monday/Black Friday parade…
Quarq Elsa R-110BDC powermeter BB30
The Quarq Elsa is a lightweight spider with integrated electronics, and ANT+ connectivity. It’s capable of giving independent left and ride measurements for more accurate power data.
B’Twin Triban 500 SE Road Bike at Decathlon for £269 – plus free delivery for Cyber Monday
This great entry level road bike is reduced by 10% – and Decathlon is offering free delivery.
See more: Free delivery at Decathlon
Look 765 Ultegra Road Bike – 2017 – was £2200, now £1398
An endurance road machine, from one of cycling’s iconic brands – kitted out with Ultegra.
Ribble Sportive Racing Ultegra was £1,449, now £1,049
An incredible with £400 off this Ribble Sportive bike with Ultegra, specced out with quick rolling Mavic Aksium wheels that are light and reliable.
More bike deals:
- Buy now: Ribble R872 Ultegra at Ribble for £1,199 (was £1649)
- Buy now: Giant Propel Advanced Pro 2 2017 Road Bike at Rutland Cycling for £1799.99 (was £2648.99)
- Buy now: Giant Propel Advanced 1 2017 Road Bike at Rutland Cycling for £1277.49 (was £1277.49)
- Buy now: BMC Teammachine SLR01 Ultegra 2017 Road Bike at Evans Cycles for £2499 (was £3699)
Best Cyber Monday/Black Friday 2017 Hybrid bike deals
HOY Shizuoka .001 2018 Hybrid Bike – was £650, now £485
The Shizuoka employs a fast and light road style frame, with single chainring to cut down on maintenance and disc brakes for quick stopping.
More hybrid bike deals:
- Buy now: Pinnacle Lithium 3 2018 hybrid bike at Evans Cycles for £375 (was £475)
- Buy now: Pinnacle Lithium 3 2018 women’s hybrid bike at Evans Cycles for £375 (was £475)
Best Cyber Monday/Black Friday 2017 clothing deals
Winter can be a tough time to ride, but you can get comfortable with the right kit. Proper winter kit can carry a high price tag, but there are deals which can cut the prices in half…
Lazer Z1 Helmet – was £199.99, now £59.99
ProBikeKit has added new reductions – including a massive 70% off the Z1 – with tons of vents for breathability and a streamlined shell.
Castelli Gabba 3 Jersey – was £150, now £75
The Castelli Gabba is probably the most iconic race jersey in cycling – water resistant but warm – and now half price.
Specialized Expert 2017 Road Shoes – was £184.99, now £100
Renowned for creating excellent cycling shoes with insoles designed to correct knee tracking, Specialized offer the Expert shoes with FACT carbon sole and Boa dials.
More great clothing deals
- Altura Night Vision Commuter Long Sleeve Jersey at Tredz for £28.99 (was £54.99)
- Kask Rapido at Ribble for £47 (was £61)
- POC Octal MIPs at Chain Reaction Cycles for £149 (was £284.99)
- Mavic Cloud Women’s Jacket at Cycle Surgery for £24 (was 69.99)
- Men’s Mavic Ksyrium Elite Jacket at Cycle Surgery for £30 (was £75)
- Castelli Women’s Gabba Jersey at Wiggle for £70 (was £140)
- Castelli Transparente 3 jersey at Tredz for £75.99 (was 145)
- Specialized Zante 2017 women’s road shoe at Rutland Cycling for £100 (was £184.99
Want more? Check out the best Castelli deals
Best Cyber Monday/Black Friday 2017 cycling computer and tech deals
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are traditionally tech based sales – and there are plenty of fancy computerised deals on offer for cyclists…
Nokia Body+ – Body Composition Wi-Fi Scale – was £99.95, now £49.99
Track the effect training is having on your body with these clever scales – they monitor weight, body fat percentage, water percentage, muscle mass and bone mass.
Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate and Fitness Wristband – was £139.99, now £99.99
Admittedly not cycling specific, but if you want to track your lifestyle and check you’re keeping active outside of the time you spend on the bike, the Fitbit with Heart Rate is where it’s at – and you can keep an eye on your resting heart rate too – giving you an early indication of fatigue build up.
Wahoo Elemnt GPS – was £249, now £189.99
Using ANT+ and Bluetooth, the Wahoo Elemnt has become a major competitor for Garmin. Set your fields up using an app and record distance, speed, elevation and heart rate/power/cadence with the relevant add ons.
Garmin Edge 520 GPS – was £279, now £167
Still the market leader, the Garmin Edge 520 is the newest version of the ever popular Edge 500 – offering everything you need to track your rides and upload to training software (plus Strava).
Buy now: Garmin Edge 520 at Amazon for £167
Garmin Edge 1000 was £499.99, now £299.99
The all singing/all dancing version – the Garmin Edge 1000 has now been superseded by the Garmin Edge 1030 – but it’s still a high tech device with brilliant navigation and fitness metrics – such as auto FTP testing.
Buy now: Garmin Edge 1000 for £299.99
More tech Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals:
- Buy now: Go Pro Hero 5 Black at eBay for £260
- See more: Everything you need to make great ride videos – reduced for Black Friday
- Buy now: Tacx Neo Direct Drive Smart Trainer at Wiggle for £999.99 (was £1249.99)
- Buy now: Tacx Flux Direct Drive Smart Trainer at Wiggle for £629.99 (was £699.99)
Best Cyber Monday/Black Friday 2017 bike light deals
You need a white light on the front of your bike and a red light on the rear – by law if you’re riding in the dark. A beam over 1000+ lumes acts much like a car headlight – which means you can ride almost as you would during summer. Road specific versions ensure you don’t dazzle other road users.
Hoicmoic USB Rechargeable Bike Lights – was £50.99, now £16.99
USB rechargable lights at a bargain price, on a Lightning Deal from Amazon – in a few hours they’ll be £22.99 – which is still a decent saving
Exposure Strada 1200 lumen with DayBright front light – was £289.95, now £202.96
A full 1200 lumens, with a road specific beam that provides side visibility and doesn’t dazzle on-coming road users.
There’s more light deals out there – check out what else is on offer – Evans Cycles has 30% off on a range of Exposure lights.
Exposure TraceR 75 lumen rear light with DayBright – was £39.95 now £27.96
More Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2017 UK bike light deals:
- Buy now: Exposure Joystick 1000 lumen Mk12 Front Light at Evans Cycles for £109.99 (was £159.95)
- Buy now: NiteRider Swift 350/Sabre 50 Combo USB Rechargeable Light Set at Tredz for £35.99 (was £55)
Best Black Friday wheel and tyre reviews
A new set of hoops can make a huge difference to your ride – and of course you’ll need spanking new tyres to match…
Continental GP4000s II Folding TyreS With 2 Free Inner Tubes – was £109.99, now £61.99 at Merlin
One of the most popular tyre options, on a cracking deal with free tubes included…
An upgrade set of wheels fitted out for disc brakes – with a bumper bargain price.
More Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2017 wheel and tyre reductions:
- Vittoria Corsa G+ tyres at ProBikeKit for £64 (was £109.99)
- Easton EC90 Aero 55 Clincher Road Wheelset at Chain Reaction Cycles for £1199.98 (was £2399.99)
- Fulcrum Racing 3 Wheelset With GP4000s II Tyres & Tubes at Tredz for £325.95 (was £559.98)
- Prime Pro Road Wheelset at Wiggle for £244.99 (was £249.99)
- Vredestein Fortezza Senso All Weather Clincher Road Tyre at Wiggle for £10.33 (was £46.95)
When is Cyber Monday?
This year, Cyber Monday falls on the November 27, which marks the perfect opportunity to do that last little bit Christmas shopping.
What is Cyber Monday?
Black Friday shoppers spent more in 2016 than 2015 – with the majority of sales made online
Well, to be honest, it’s largely an extension of Black Friday. The lines blur a little, but you can expect the deals to continue from Black Friday (24th Nov) over the Saturday and Sunday and on to Cyber Monday.
Here in the UK, the phenomenon is quite recent, and is best associate with enormous tech discounts. However, there is actually loads of opportunities to snap up awesome cycling deals.
As you might expect, since the explosion of internet shopping, events such as Cyber Monday have become enormously popular.
In fact, Cyber Monday last year saw British shoppers spend a mind boggling £1.8 billion, and £5.8 billion in the four days from Black Friday to Cyber Monday.
Where can I find the best Cyber Monday cycling deals?
Photo: Daniel Gould
With numerous online cycling retailers, cyclists in the UK are well set to benefit from the American tradition. Last year, Evans Cycles, Chain Reaction Cycles, Wiggle and many more offered up big discounts on loads of cool cycling kit.
It’s a “tradition” that obviously works in favour of the retailers because they can get rid of the remnants of this year’s stock before taking on 2018’s produce.
When will the Cyber Monday deals be available
Most retailers do a pretty good job of sign posting their cyber monday cycling deals. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean the discounts start at 00.01 on Monday morning.
As we mentioned earlier, the lines are increasingly blurring, whatever deals happen over the weekend, the chances are they’ll double on actual Cyber Monday.
Announcements will be made on both the retailers own websites and through their social media channels. To help you wade through the onslaught of real deals and pseudo-deals, we’ll be updating this page with the very best deals and information so be sure to check back.
Cyber Monday shopping tips
Buying a bike
Cyber Monday will be manic, you’ll be bombarded by deals and it’ll be tempting just to fork out the cash right away. However, chances are you’ll blow a load of cash and leave with products you necessarily didn’t want.
To best protect your bank balance, follow these tips…
Be well informed
A handful of retailers will remain completely silent about the details of their Black Friday sale until the actual day. Most will drip feed information, giving you a chance to prepare for your shopping in advance. Here’s how to stay informed:
Sign up to mailing lists: A plague that you avoid most of the year, ahead of Black Friday it’s actually a really good idea to subscribe to the mailing lists of major retailers, as they’ll often send priority invites to view sale stock ahead of the general public
Bookmark this page: Retailers will send us forewarning of their sale offers in the form of press releases – and we’ll publish the information on this page as soon as we’re able
Follow brands and retailers on social media: They will share details with their loyal followers in advance – so click ‘like’ and ‘follow’ to be first in the queue
Know what you want… and budget!
Cyber Monday will be filled with genuinely excellent discounts, but there will also be a fair amount of chaff.
Knowing products, and knowing what you want to purchase will be an enormous asset on the day and stop you getting side tracked by the kit you don’t need. In turn, it’ll go a long way to stopping you over spending.
Chances are some of the discounts will be same as those kicking around before the day anyway.
Check returns policies
As always, these vary from store to store – but in some cases returns may be limited to 30 days. So if you pick up a gift for someone on Black Friday, by Christmas day a return may be out of the question. Though we don’t doubt your gift giving prowess, it’s a good idea to bear this in mind.