When it came to its new 11-speed cassette, Campagnolo was adamant that the engineers had to start with a clean sheet of paper.
Central to the 11-speed cassette is the fact that it had to fit into the same space as the old 10-speed version to ensure compatibility, but that of course required a new narrower chain and correspondingly narrower sprockets to make it work.
* a ?shark’s fin? tooth profile has been created to reduce weight and allow the chain to move more swiftly between ratios.
* the two top clusters of the cassette, each containing three sprockets, have received an altered support, to better stabilise the narrower sprockets.
* Record cassette gets three titanium sprockets whilst Super Record cassettes get six.
* these aluminium carriers for the titanium sprockets make them into a single unit which is said to increase torsional stiffness by 180 per cent.
* an aluminium lock ring has been introduced to cut weight.
* the following ratios will be available in at all three groupset levels. 11-23, 11-25, 12-25, 12-27.