Having only released the Ultra Torque chainset in 2006, Campagnolo owners will be relieved to hear that the chainset itself isn?t being revised once again.
However, the chainrings have been significantly changed to make them compatible with 11-speed and further improve shift performance.
* a new inner and outer ring design has been devised to suit the narrower nature of the 5.5mm chain.
* more material has been added to the outer ring making it deeper to help compensate for the material removed from it?s width.
* all new ramps, pins and cut outs have been added on the inside of the outer ring to give four distinct shifting points, these are on opposing quarters of the ring.
* a new treatment has been used on the chainrings to give a longer life expectancy.
* Chorus is a solid carbon crank.
* Record has a hollow crank and comes with Ultra Smooth Bearing (USB) ceramic bearing technology, silicon nitride (Si3N4).
* Super Record also has a hollow crank but gives up the USB running surface in favour of Ceramic Ultimate Level Technology (CULT) bearing. Using the same industry leading ceramic bearings the Italian manufacturer has gone to German company INA-FAG to create bearing races made from Cronitect steel for the smoothest, hardest races available. And they?ve signed a three year exclusivity deal.