There can be little doubt that Campagnolo has felt the pressure from the other groupset manufacturers when it has come to the new ErgoPower levers and has created a much more ergonomic hood.
* Campagnolo has continued it?s ?one lever ? one action? philosophy of lever design.
* At the heart of the new ErgoPower lever is a new ?clutch like mechanism? which works to give a lighter action and yet still positive feel plus better longevity.
* The body of the hood is larger, both in terms of its length but also importantly in width giving more surface area to get rid of hot spots caused by holding the same position for extended periods.
* Asymmetric bodies offer more hand positions and allow riders to adopt a more ?pistol like? grip for a more aero, elbows dropped position.
* Vari-cushion hoods provide a softer portion for the majority of the hand but still have a firm area for finger tips to maintain control.
* Underneath the rubber surface the cable run has been cleaned up to get rid of the bulge that was typical of the old design.
* When it comes to the brake lever blade this has change substantially. A higher pivot point it?s been designed to make braking on the hoods easier. The lower portion has then been brought nearer the bar to make actuation for smaller hands easier as standard.
* For those with larger hands a spacer is available to move the lower portion of the hood slightly further away from the bar to increase space for fingers and provide longer lever travel.
* Both shift levers have been examined too ? well we did say that everything has been redesigned ? and the movement of the up shift levers given an arcing throw to mimic the movement of the hand better.