After yesterday’s stage win from a lone break, Spaniard Antonio Colom (Katusha) has sealed the win in the 2009 Tour of Majorca.
The final day’s racing was settled in a sprint finish, won by Gerald Ciolek (Milram), with Columbia team-mates Maxime Monfort and Marcel Sieberg taking second and third.
However, no-one could touch Colom at the top of the overall standings, and the 2009 edition of the challenge race was his.
TOUR OF MAJORCA STAGE FIVE: RESULTS
1. Gerald Ciolek (Ger)Milram 147.6km in 4-03-32
2. Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Columbia
3. Marcel Sieberg (Ger) Team Columbia
4. Leonardo Duque (Col) Cofidis
5. Pablo Lastras (Spa) Caisse d’Epargne
6. Javier Benitez (Spa) Contentpolis-AMPO
7. Tom Leezer (Ned) Rabobank
8. Fabian Wegmann (Ger) Milram
9. Jerome Pineau (Fra) Quick Step
10. Kurt Hovelynck (Bel) Quick Step all at same time.
FINAL OVERALL CLASSIFICATION
1. Antonio Colom (Spa) Katusha in 19-11-14
2. Jerome Pineau (Fra) Quick Step at 35secs
3. Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Columbia
4. Sylvian Chavanel (Fra) Quick Step at same time
5. Markus Fothen (Ger) Milram at 44secs
6. Francisco Perez (Spa) Caisse d’Epargne at 45secs
7. Mikel Nieve (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi at 46secs
8. Inigo Landaluce (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi at 1-45
9. Manuel Vazquez (Spa) Contentpolis-AMPO at 1-59
10. Juan Manuel Garate (Spa) Rabobank at 2-00
Gerald Ciolek takes Milram’s first win of the 2009 season
Antonio Colom wins overall
Stage four: Colom is lone winner of stage
Stage three: Bennati takes sprint win
Stage two: McEwen wins
Tour of Majorca photo gallery, by Graham Watson
Stage one: Steegmans wins
2009 Tour of Majorca preview