Ten tweets that caught our eye this week from the world of cycling
Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Ben Swift, Michal Kwiatkowski and Matthew Busche.
1. Congratulations to Chris Froome and his wife Michelle for disproving all those claims about cycling causing infertility.
2. From a child to some childish humour from UCI Hour Record holder Alex Dowsett.
3. Journalism is tough, guys.
4. This lovely message from Michal Kwiatkowski to his fans is negated by the horrendous sleeveless rainbow jersey he’s sporting.
5. Jesse Sergent had the metal removed from the injury he suffered when he was hit by a service car at the Tour of Flanders. Now he has some screws to do some home maintenance.
6. It’s not just coffee shop owners who are a bit angry on the roads; the Madison-Genesis team had a run in with a less-than friendly FedEx driver.
7. Patrick Seabase completed something that even Spartacus probably couldn’t manage – riding the 1910 ‘Tour d’Assassin’ mountain stage on a fixed-gear bike.
8. Luke Rowe just got more aerodynamic. The ‘tache stays, however.
9. If you see new US national champion Matthew Busche with a shiny Rolex in the next few weeks, you’ll now know why.
10. Finally, there’s no rest for Ben Swift as he recovers from a broken collarbone.