Ten tweets that caught our eye this week from the professional peloton
Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Jens Voigt, Jesse Sergent and Karsten Kroon.
1. Fran Millar showed us the time when her brother, David, showed that his real allegiance lay with Team Sky all along.
2. Jens Voigt practised his directeur sportif skills by relentlessly ordering his kids to attack on the ride to school.
3. Ian Wilkinson may be losing the battle to keep his hair, but it’s good that he’s making the most of his remaining time with it.
4. Trek Factory Racing‘s Jesse Sergent will be doing a lot of running to keep up with the peloton, after his bike failed to arrive with him at a race.
5. Retired pro Karsten Kroon treated his Twitter followers to a collection of his orange suitcases from the Olympic Games he participated in.
6. Orica-GreenEdge rider Simon Clarke made us all feel a little bit jealous with this tweet of Lake Como.
7. Chris Froome and Christian Vande Velde are clearly enjoying the joys of married life.
8. Don’t worry, Charly Wegelius, even after reading the description of the word used by Jonathan Vaughters I still don’t understand it…
9. After toiling away on the Belgian cobbles, MTN-Qhubeka’s Matt Brammeier isn’t happy that a cheeky Team Sky rider took a short cut on the pavement.
10. Jens Voigt does tweet a lot, but this one was a particular highlight about the dress that ‘divided the world’ – according to some sensationalist media outlets.