Ten tweets that caught our eye this week from the professional peloton
Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Rohan Dennis, Lizzie Armitstead and Matt Brammeier.
1. Chris Froome has been on form recently on social media, especially with this gem making fun of the fact that people make fun of the fact that he looks at his stem all the time.
2. MTN-Qhubeka’s Matt Brammeier was involved in a pretty big crash on stage one of the Ruta del Sol and had to follow it up with a ride up a very steep hill on Friday. Needless to say, the Irishman was not looking forward to the 18 per cent gradients.
3. This is just a delightful picture of Tom Boonen and Niki Terpstra with a local child at the Tour of Oman.
4. Lizzie Armitstead fondly remembers the days before technology took over the world.
5. Not only did Geraint Thomas storm to a stage win at the Volta ao Algarve on Thursday, he’s also staying in some pretty nice hotels this week.
7. Nice pun, Mark McNally.
8. Jens Voigt has some questions about the type of ‘visitors’ they get at the Massachusetts State House on his recent trip to Boston.
9. Ian Bibby talks the truth, yet again.
10. Like the Tour Down Under with kangaroos and koalas, the Tour of Oman sees riders coming face to face with real life camels. Luckily Team Sky managed to avoid this one on their training ride along the motorway.