Ten tweets that caught our eye this week from the professional peloton
Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Ted King, Russell Downing and Tom Danielson
1. Tom Danielson cemented his status as a fatherly figure in the peloton by pulling out this dad joke.
3. Ian Bibby’s body is revolting against his on-bike diet.
4. Geraint Thomas had a fun day of suit shopping ahead of his upcoming wedding, with his wife-to-be Sara throwing some spanners in the works.
5. Tweets of the Week hit the big time this week when Bora-Argon 18 sprinter Sam Bennett pointed this doozy our way from teammate Pool Boss, sorry, Paul Voss.
6. Male! No, female! Oh, I don’t know, Ted.
7. Back in Yorkshire and Cult Energy Pro’s Russell Downing has time for a few home comforts, shunning the traditional pasta and red wine for a Ruby Murray and a pint o’ bitter.
8. NFTO youngster Eddie Dunbar went to extreme lengths to get someone to help him with his evening dinner, breaking his collarbone in a Tour de Yorkshire crash.
9. Trek’s Fumiyuki Beppu tweeted this endorsement of virtual training environment Zwift, but lets hope he spends a little more time on the road rather than the grass bank in the upcoming Giro d’Italia.
10. And finally, Chris Froome really enjoyed his rainy day at the Tour de Romandie.