Bibby took a fine solo win in the Lancashire race
- Photos by Andy Jones
Ian Bibby (JLT-Condor) took a fine solo victory in the latest round of the Spring Cup at the Chorley Grand Prix in Lancashire.
Bibby broke away from a leading group in the final lap of five of the race circuit and kept increasing his gap to those behind. It’s the second time the former national cyclocross champion has taken victory at the Chorley GP in the last three years.
There was also another podium spot for JLT, with Bibby’s teammate Ed Laverick taking third from the 11-strong group behind.
One Pro Cycling’s Kamil Gradek was able to take second place, separating the two JLT riders. Gradek had been one of the riders in the early breaks of the day in what was an attacking race on the hilly course.
The Spring Cup Series concludes on May 14 with the final race of the Lincoln GP.
1. Ian Bibby JLT Condor
2. Kamil Gradek One Pro Cycling
3. Edward Laverack JLT Condor
4. Dexter Gardias BIKE Channel Canyon
5. Richard Handley Madison Genesis
6. Rory Townsend (u23) BIKE Channel Canyon
7. Robert Partridge BIKE Channel Canyon
8. Jonathan Mould JLT Condor
9. Connor Swift (u23) Madison Genesis
10. Joshua Outram (u23) Richardsons-Trek RT