JLT-Condor rider Graham Briggs launches successful attack on the cobbled streets of Edinburgh, as Madison-Genesis take the team victory
- Photos by Andy Jones
Briggs accelerated away from his rivals and maintained the momentum to the line to take an impressive victory. The team has now provided the individual winner in all three rounds.
Rory Townsend (Pedal Heaven) placed second, with Chris Lawless (JLT-Condor) in third. Townsend also clocked the fastest lap time of 2-32.73 and moved into the lead in the points competition.
Despite Briggs’s win, it was Madison-Genesis who took the team victory on the night, closing the gaps between themselves and JLT-Condor.
Round four of the 10-round 2016 Pearl Izumi Tour Series takes place in Redditch on Thursday, May 26. Round five then takes place the following day – Firday, May 27 – in Aberystwyth.
Pearl Izumi Tour Series round 3: Edinburgh
1. Graham Briggs (JLT-Condor)
2. Rory Townsend (Pedal Heaven)
3. Chris Lawless (JLT-Condor)
4. Tom Stewart (Madison-Genesis)
5. Albert Torres (Raleigh-GAC)
6. Jack Pullar (Pedal Heaven)
7. Jon Mould (JLT-Condor)
8. James Lowsley-Williams (NFTO)
9. Matt Nowell (Wheelbase Altura)
10. Alex Paton (Pedal Heaven)
Team standings after round three
1. JLT-Condor 39 pts
2. Madison-Genesis 35 pts
3. Team Raleigh-GAC 30 pts
4. Pedal Heaven 29 pts
5. NFTO 27 pts
6. Team Wiggins 0 pts