|SORRY! ALL 100 DRAGON RIDE PLACES HAVE NOW GONE|
We’ve got 100 advance entries for the 2008 Dragon Ride reserved exclusively for Cycling Weekly web users. Official entry doesn’t open until midnight on December 27/28, so if you’re reading this then you’ve got a two week head start on the masses!
The Dragon Ride is one of Britain’s best and some might say toughest cyclo-sportives, and next year takes place on Sunday June 15. On offer are one of two circular 120 or 180 kilometre routes, starting and finishing at Pencoed College, Bridgend.
Both of the clearly waymarked routes take you through the picturesque hills of South Wales, including two classic British category one climbs as used in the past on the Tour of Britain and the Milk Race. The ride winds its way along the former mining valleys of Ogmore, Rhondda, Neath, Swansea, Afan and Garw. The longer Gran Fondo route takes in a loop into the heart of the stunning Brecon Beacons National Park (see map below).
It’s a tough event, and not one for novices – indeed, many riders use it as training for the Etape du Tour since the Dragon Ride takes place just a few weeks before the French event and includes similarly testing terrain.
The terrain makes the Dragon Ride an incredibly popular event with places open for 3,000 riders in 2008. Don’t be fooled by the number of places available, it will sell out quickly which is why this is an unmissable opportunity to get your name down early.
Entry costs £26, which includes en route refreshments, mechanical back-up, medical back-up and support/help vehicles.
Dragon Ride: www.dragonride.co.uk.
Dragon Ride 2007: CW review (hosted on Dragon Ride website)
Dragon Ride 2006: CW review
|HOW TO ENTER THE DRAGON RIDE|
Follow these steps to enter the 2008 Dragon Ride using the Everyday Cycling Online Entry System panel below.
1. Click on the words ‘Dragon Ride Wales’ underneath the ‘Events’ heading at the bottom of the panel. You do not have to enter distance from postcode or any other information at this point.
2. This takes you to the Dragon Ride Wales page including details of the event. Click the ‘Enter this event’ button in the bottom left hand side.
3. Enter the number of places for each length of ride required and click on the ‘Add to basket’ button in the bottom left hand side.
4. On the Your Shopping Basket page check your order is correct and click ‘Proceed with order’.
5. On the Your Details page, enter your personal details making sure all field marked with an asterisk are completed. Click on ‘Proceed’ button in bottom right hand corner.
6. Check all of the information on the ‘Details of Your Entry’ page. If anything is incorrect, click on the ‘Edit your details’ button. If everything is correct, check the terms and conditions box after reading them and click on the ‘Proceed to checkout’ button.
7. Enter all of your card details and follow the on-screen instructions to complete your order.
Please note that you will be contacted by the Dragon Ride organiser and/or Everyday Cycling after your registration and not Cycling Weekly. If you have any queries relating to your entry or payment please contact either the Dragon Ride organiser or Everyday Cycling and not Cycling Weekly.Cycling Weekly is not responsible for the content of external websites.