Ten tweets that caught our eye this week from the professional peloton
Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Helen Wyman, Chris Froome and Jens Voigt.
1. Alex Dowsett’s experience in the breakaway group at Sunday’s Ghent-Wevelgem was going well, until the winds picked up.
2. Hands up who was fooled by Polypipe Cycling and Dean Downing’s April fools tweet?
3. Coincidence? Yes. Absolutely yes.
4. Helen Wyman puts most people’s training regimes in the shade.
5. Ian Bibby gets a bit risqué.
7. Oleg, you joker (we hope).
8. First people mock Chris Froome for always looking at his stem, now it’s for his elbow-out technique. Give the man a break!
9. The moral of MTN-Qhubeka rider Jarrad van Zuydam’s story is: don’t put warm up gel on your balls. Just in case you didn’t know.
10. Jens Voigt has his directeur sportif licence sorted. The question is: when was that picture taken??