As we all know, cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Ben Swift, Dan Craven and Dani King.
1. Footballers don’t often feature on the Cycling Weekly website, but when they meet cycling royalty it’s a different matter.
>> Subscribe to Cycling Weekly this Autumn and save 35%. Enjoy the luxury of home delivery and never miss an issue <<
2. Manuel Quinziato got a little toasty at the Abu Dhabi Tour this week…just the 46 degrees.
3. Sky’s Ben Swift also felt a bit warm.
4. Dan Craven doesn’t know what he’s let himself in for…
5. Alex Dowsett has found his future career.
6. There was some brotherly/sisterly banter between David and Fran Millar.
7. There was an all-star cast at Geraint Thomas‘s wedding. Can you name them all?
8. Adam Blythe and Luke Rowe couldn’t tie their ties, though, and needed a little help, including from Welsh rugby star George North (the massive one on the left).
10. And finally – some ‘philosphy’ from the Socrates of the peloton, Fabian Cancellara.