Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Manuel Quinziato, Matt Brammeier and Daniel Lloyd.
1. It was an interesting start to the week for David Millar. On Monday he answered the inevitable questions about the UCI’s publication of the CIRC report….
2. ….then on Tuesday it was back to the reality of retirement.
3. Daniel Lloyd wisely keeps his money in his pocket instead of making this risky bet.
4. Adam Hansen and Greg Henderson’s Antipodean bromance got a bit NSFW this week
5. As did this exchange between MTN-Qhubeka’s Matt Brammeier and Andreas Stauff…
6. Elia Viviani’s week started badly and only got worse. In Strade Bianche he had to chase after a getaway wheel, while the a few days later the Italian was left a little worse for wear after a heavy crash.
8. A win at Strade Bianche on Sunday was not enough to convince Zdenek Stybar that cycling is the career for him.
9. There’s no risk of Manuel Quinziato falling asleep during his massage with this character in charge.
10. And finally. Here’s a picture of Chris Froome and his cat.