Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Lizzie Armitstead, Ivan Basso and Peter Kennaugh.
1. Cannondale-Garmin‘s Nathan Haas points out the glaring difference in prize money between men’s and women’s races
>> Subscribe to Cycling Weekly this Autumn and save 35%. Enjoy the luxury of home delivery and never miss an issue <<
2. Geraint Thomas let his partner Sara loose with a pair of scissors. Find out how the haircut went at the end of the article.
3. As a former Hour Record holder, Alex Dowsett probably has birds flocking from left, right and centre. Unfortunately he just rides straight into them…
4. Ivan Basso is back on the bike after successful surgery to remove a cancerous growth on his testicle. Welcome back Ivan!
5. It’s fair to say the Rio 2016 route looks pretty spectacular, as seen here in Lizzie Armitstead’s picture from the test event.
6. Mark McNally won the GP Erpe-Mere on Thursday and he looked pretty happy to end his drought.
7. Dani King is enjoying her turbo training sessions.
8. Congratulations to Mark and Peta Cavendish on the arrival of their new little boy. It’s good to see Mark’s passed on his trademark frown to the little’un.
9. Giampaolo Caruso was suspended this week for a retrospectively failed drugs test. Needless to say, Peter Kennaugh and Luke Rowe had the last laugh.
10. LADS ON TOUR!!! (Thomas’s hair looks alright after all)