As we all know, cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Alex Dowsett, Sir Chris Hoy and Peter Sagan.
1. Andre Greipel’s leadout man Marcel Sieberg has been slacking on the personal upkeep front this offseason.
>> Subscribe to Cycling Weekly this Autumn and save 35%. Enjoy the luxury of home delivery and never miss an issue <<
2. Katie Archibald takes down this blindingly obvious headline.
3. Ian Bibby has been indulging a little while off the bike.
4. Peter Sagan‘s dog seems to be the only person who doesn’t want to spend time with him these days.
5. Team Sky’s Luke Rowe has been successfully reacquainted with his bed.
6. When Chris Froome said he wanted to win Olympic gold, we assumed he meant in cycling, not archery.
7. Sounds fascinating, Mick…
8. When in Essex…
9. Either Jens Voigt was fed up with the relentless Back To The Future references this week, or he’s trying to shoehorn in his own catchphrase.
10. Some people never learn.