Ten tweets that caught our eye this week from the professional peloton
Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in the professional peloton. Here’s some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Mark Cavendish, Michael Rogers and Frank Schleck.
1. Aussie sprint legend Stuart O’Grady doesn’t miss the high-speed crashes, like the one in the Tour Down Under this morning.
3. David Millar has turned into ‘that guy’ since retiring from cycling.
4. After maxing out his heart rate at 199bpm on stage three of the Tour Down Under, 35-year-old Mick Rogers comes to an interesting conclusion
5. Mark Cavendish may not be having it all his own way in the San Luis sprints, but at least he’s appreciating the scenery on the mountain stages.
6. Ian Bibby’s got a bit of an appetite on him.
7.The skies were clear but Geraint Thomas still thought it was raining in Adelaide.
8. Frank Schleck: finally giving the fans what they want. Luckily he was joking about his crack at the hour record and was, instead, just practising his lacklustre time trial skills.
9. Jens Voigt is worried that no-one cares about him since his retirement. Turns out his kids had been playing with his phone.
10. Olympic triathlon champion Alistair Brownlee and brother Jonny didn’t let a bit of snow