What the riders and teams have been saying on the first rest day in Andorra
The prospect of a rest day would have been extremely welcome for riders and Tour de France staff alike on Monday in Andorra, after the race travelled from its start in Mont Saint-Michel through the Massif Central, the Pyrenees and in to Andorra in the first nine days.
With nearly 2000km of riding behind them already, there’s not much to be done on a rest day apart from sleep, eat and repeat. Still, there’s always time for Twitter…
1. Geraint Thomas effectively sums up every rider’s mood this morning
2. Cav didn’t get the best night’s sleep ahead of the rest day though
3. Bernie did though.
4. The Eurosport cameraman has been up to his old drawing tricks again. This time with a fine portrait of André Greipel.
5. Petr Vakoc had food on the brain yesterday, and very happy birthday present this morning
6. Lawson Craddock finds a pretty decent way to justify some burgers, chips and ice cream
7. Etixx-Quick Step went off-piste on their rest day ride
8. Sam Bennett looks happy for the rest day despite still suffering from a day one crash
9. Fine, it’s not a rest day tweet, but we couldn’t really not include it
10. Challenge accepted, clearly