As we all know, cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Geraint Thomas, Dan Lloyd and Fabian Cancellara.
>> Struggling to get to the shops? Try 6 issues of Cycling Weekly magazine for just £6 delivered to your door <<
2. Lizzie Armitstead was apparently the star of an A Level English exam paper and now a generation of 18-year-olds hate her.
3. Big Freddie Flintoff found some One Pro Cycling gear in his size.
4. Frank Schleck had a wild adventure.
5. You’d think that David Millar would have the whole airport procedure nailed down after spending so many years as a professional cyclist.
6. There’s no love for the hotels out in deepest, darkest Italy.
7. Rumour has it that this woman overtook Alex Dowsett on the next climb…
8. Bah humbug
9. It was Geraint Thomas‘s birthday on Wednesday and Team Sky celebrated by making him go on a bike ride.
10. Fabian Cancellara does his best Del Boy impression…you should see the collection he’s flogging from inside his trench coat.