As we all know, cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Chris Froome, Andy Tennant and Frank Schleck.
1. Mathew Hayman is precious about his Paris-Roubaix-winning bike.
2. The latest instalment of #fatandyfriday is a cracker.
3. Marcel Sieberg didn’t have any problems with chubby cheeks as a young racer, but the fact that being 6’6″ makes it hard to get aero. To be fair, this position probably isn’t the best for aerodynamics…
4. Alex Dowsett has found his new calling in life.
6. Lizzie Armitstead takes a well deserved break from the bike.
7. After last week’s insight into his sit-down wees, Ian Bibby shares another urination story with us.
8. “Life is not a hello kitty” – Frank Schleck, the modern day Socrates.
9. I take solace in the fact that a professional cyclist can also eat egg and bacon sandwiches for breakfast.
10. Luke Rowe is now all business as the ‘party at the back’ is given the chop.