Marcin Bialoblocki (Motorpoint) continued his impressive early season form by winning the fastest ever Jock Wadley Memorial in Essex on Sunday.
The result capped off a fine week for Motorpoint new signing, having also finished a close second in the Severn Bridge road race the previous weekend.
Bialoblocki was part of a four-man breakaway which included last year’s winner Jon Tiernan-Locke (Rapha Condor- Sharp), and the Pole attacked with the line in-sight to take the victory on the Abberton Reservoir circuit.
Tom Moses (100% ME) completed the podium in third, a day after winning the Roy Thame Cup in Buckinghamshire.
For a full report, see this week’s Cycling Weekly magazine (March 17) page 18
Jock Wadley Memorial 2011: 84 miles
1. Marcin Bialoblocki (Motorpoint) in 3-09-57
2. Jon Tiernen-Locke (Rapha Condor Sharp)
3. Tom Moses (100% ME)
4. Dan Craven (Rapha Condor Sharp) at same time
5. Dominic Schils (Wieler Team-Van Eyck Sport) at 37 secs
6. Graham Briggs (Rapha Condor Sharp)
7. Dean Downing (Rapha Condor Sharp)
8. Marcel Six (Twenty3c-Orbea)
9. Adam Norris (Vanillabikes.com)
10. Rafa Rodriguez (Twenty3c-Orbea) at same time
British Race Calendar 2011: Road, crits and TTs