Rigidity and close tolerances where the key to making the 11-speed setup work within the obvious limitations of space. And a major point of this was the improvements made possible with the new rear mech.
* a new front link and parallelogram have been constructed with the mission of increasing rigidity and precision shifting.
* the redesigned carbon front plate gives a 150% increase in torsional rigidity thanks to a it?s greater size and ability to envelop the two bodies better.
* whilst Chorus doesn?t feature a carbon cage both Record and Super Record do in an effort to further reduce weight and improve aesthetics.
* the parallelogram changes have the effect of increasing rigidity through tighter tolerances.
* larger diameter pulleys for the cage are intended to increase smoothness and reduce vibrations.
* lighter pulleys help reduce the overall mass of the mech too. Whilst both the top two gruppo?s have ceramic bearings in the jockey wheels
* Super Record uses titanium screws and nuts, for additional bling, and longevity plus the main body is black anodised to mimic the original Super Record.