Michael Hutchinson's almost complete dominance of the British time trial scene continued on Saturday when he won the National 50-mile time trial.
The In Gear-Quickvit RT rider clocked 1-43-18 on the Crewe course to clinch his tenth consecutive title at the distance. Hutchinson has already won this year's National 10 and 25-mile titles.
Matthew Bottrill (I-Ride RT) came in second just under four minutes adrift of Hutchinson's time, with 1-47-08. Charles McCulloch (Shorter Rochford) was third with 1-47-10.
The women's event was won by another dominant figure in this year's events, Julia Shaw (UTAG Yamaha.com). She was one of only two women to dip under the two hour mark on the day, with 1-54-40. Sarah Storey (VC St Raphael) earned silver with 1-59-53.
1. Michael Hutchinson (In Gear-Quickvit RT) 1-43-18
2. Matthew Bottrill (I-Ride RT) 1-47-08
3. Charles McCulloch (Shorter Rochford) 1-47-10
4. Phil Sykes (VC St Raphael) 1-48-22
5. Ben Instone (Scientific-Coaching.com) 1-48-46
1. Julia Shaw (UTAG Yamaha.com) 1-54-40
2. Sarah Storey (VC St Raphael) 1-59-53
3. Lynn Hamel (Team NCA) 2-00-30
4. Lynne Taylor (Walsall Roads CC) 2-01-45
5. Avril Swan (Team Endura) 2-03-06
Hutchinson wins 2009 National 25 title
Thank you for reading 10 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1