Gregory Rast gave his RadioShack-Leopard squad a much-needed victory in the Tour de Suisse, winning stage six from a four-man escape group.
Rast attacked his three breakaway companions – Bert Grabsch (Lotto Belisol), Alexandr Kolobnev (Katusha) and Mathew Hayman (Sky) – in the final kilometre. Hayman out-sprinted Kolobnev to take second place.
Peter Sagan (Cannondale) led home the peloton over 10 minutes after Rast crossed the line. Briton Ben Swift appears to have recovered from the stomach problems that have affected him in the last two stages, coming in eighth place.
Mathias Frank (BMC Racing) finished in the bunch to maintain his grip on the overall classification. He leads Roman Kreuziger (Saxo-Tinkoff) by 23 seconds.
Tanel Kangert (Astana) dropped out of the top ten, with Jean-Christophe Peraud (Ag2r), Tejay van Gardern (BMC) and Cameron Meyer (Orica-GreenEdge) all moving up a place.
Tour de Suisse 2013 stage six: Leuggern to Meilen, 186.1km
1. Gregory Rast (Swi) RadioShack-Leopard in 4-23-53
2. Mathew Hayman (Aus) Sky
3. Alexandr Kolobnev (Rus) Katusha
4. Bert Grabsch (Ger) Omega Pharma-QuickStep at same time
5. Peter Sagan (Svk) Cannondale at 10-43
6. John Degenkolb (Ger) Argos-Shimano
7. Arnaud Demare (Fra) FDJ
8. Ben Swift (GBr) Sky
9. Davide Cimolai (Ita) Lampre-Merida
10. Tosh van der Sande (Bel) Lotto-Belisol at same time
Overall classification after stage six
1. Mathias Frank (Swi) BMC Racing in 20-31-05
2. Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Saxo-Tinkoff at 23 secs
3. Rui Costa (Por) Movistar at 35 secs
4. Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ at 57 secs
5. Bauke Mollema (Ned) Blanco at 1-08
6. Daniel Martin (Irl) Garmin-Sharp at 1-23
7. Jean-Christophe Peraud (Fra) Ag2r La Mondiale at 1-28
8. Tejay van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing at 1-39
9. Cameron Meyer (Aus) Orica-GreenEdge at 1-42
10. Alexandr Dyachenko (Kaz) Astana at 1-59
Stage six scenery
Alexandr Kolobnev heads the four-man escape
Gregory Rast takes the victory