Britain's Emma Pooley moved one place closer to the race lead at the Tour de l'Aude with a top ten ride on the 110km stage around Lezignan Corbières.
Pooley was sixth on the stage, coming home in a chase group that also included Marianne Vos and Emma Johansson, both strong contenders of Pooley's for the overall race lead.
Germany's Ina Teutenberg beat Andrea Bosman and Carmen Small from a break to take the stage win with Dutchwoman Adrie Visser of HTC Columbia retaining the yellow leader's jersey.
The result saw Pooley move from sixth to fifth on the overall classification, 1-03 down on Visser.
Pooley's British Cervélo team-mates, Sharon Laws and Lizzie Armitstead - who won the first stage of the race - are seventh and 20th respectively overall with Armitstead jumping 20 places on the overall yesterday.
Today's stage is a 97km stage around Osseja.
Stage four: Lezignan Corbieres, 110km
1. Ina Teutenberg (Ger) HTC Columbia
2. Andrea Bosman (Ned) Leontien.nl
3. Carmen Small (USA) US National Team
4. Marianne Vos (Ned) Nederland Bloeit
5. Emma Johansson (Swe) Redsun
6. Emma Pooley (GBR) Cervélo
Overall classification after stage three
1. Adrie Visser (Ned) HTC-Columbia in 7-01-46
2. Loes Gunnewijk (Ned) Nederland Bloeit at 23sec
3. Chantal Blaak (Ned) Leontien.nl at 52sec
4. Regina Bruins (Ned) Cervlo at 56sec
5. Emma Pooley (GBR) Cervélo at 1-03
6. Claudia Hausler (Ger) Cervélo at 1-09
7. Sharon Laws (GB) Cervélo at 1-11
20. Elizabeth Armitstead (GB) Cervélo at 3-18
Thank you for reading 10 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Founded in 1891, Cycling Weekly and its team of expert journalists brings cyclists in-depth reviews, extensive coverage of both professional and domestic racing, as well as fitness advice and 'brew a cuppa and put your feet up' features. Cycling Weekly serves its audience across a range of platforms, from good old-fashioned print to online journalism, and video.
From false promises and heartbreak to hope - How Heidi Franz is bouncing back from the last-minute collapse of B&B Hotels
Mind games, false promises and a life left in limbo. How American Heidi Franz navigated the B&B Hotels demise and found a kickstart to her new European life
By Anne-Marije Rook • Published
Volta a la Communitat Valenciana: Biniam Girmay takes stage one sprint
It's another one in the bag for Intermarché-Circus-Wanty after Challenge Mallorca success
By James Shrubsall • Published