By Henry Robertshaw published
As we all know, cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Michael Valgren, Adam Hansen, and two from Michal Kwiatkowski.
1. That would definitely be more sensible
2. Ignatas Konovalovas is riding the Tour de France and still finding time to do the weekly shop. Impressive
3. Ain't no party like a Nico Roche party
4. Adam Hansen wasn't feeling too positive going into stage 17
5. Slap on the bottom... careful, Michal
6. The perfect food for recovering from injury
7. Don't you just hate it when you're trying to have a quiet lunch and you keep being interrupted by Michael Matthews on his turbo trainer.
8. Luke Rowe using the power of Twitter to great effect
9. Harsh. So, so harsh
10. The summit finish on the Col d'Izoard didn't produce much racing action, but it did give us a nice little story of Michal Kwiatkowski's sunglasses
We’ll be back in seven days time for more picks from the world of cycling social media.
Henry Robertshaw began his time at Cycling Weekly working with the tech team, writing reviews, buying guides and appearing in videos advising on how to dress for the seasons. He later moved over to the news team, where his work focused on the professional peloton as well as legislation and provision for cycling. He's since moved his career in a new direction, with a role at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
Cycling groups welcome proposals to introduce road pricing to London
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan is considering introducing a road pricing scheme in the capital to discourage car use
By Adam Becket • Published
Extinction Rebellion planning to disrupt Santos Festival of Cycling
Activists will blockade routes on the race in protest against the title sponsor of the Adelaide-based event
By Ryan Dabbs • Published