The 75th edition of possibly the world’s most prestigious Six-Day event, the Ghent Six, kicks-off on Tuesday, with another high-class line-up taking to the boards between November 17 and 22.
>> Subscribe to Cycling Weekly this Autumn and save 35%. Enjoy the luxury of home delivery and never miss an issue <<
While there’s no Mark Cavendish in the start list this year, his 2014 teammate Iljo Keisse will return and continue his busy track schedule alongside Tinkoff-Saxo’s Michael Morkov, having already made several appearances in the UK at the Six Day London and two rounds of the Revolution Series.
Six Day London victors Kenny De Ketele and Moreno De Pauw will also take part, however on different teams this time. Meanwhile, Team Wiggins rider Chris Lawless will be the sole British representative in the men’s main event alongside Dutchman Roy Pieters.
A women’s omnium event will also begin on Friday, with Wiggle-Honda’s Jolien D’Hoore set to take part, as well as the U23 Memorial Noël Foré race at the start of every day, with GB’s Germain Burton and Mark Stewart in the start list.
Eurosport will show limited coverage of the event, with live broadcast from the final two days.
Ghent Six-Day 2015 start list
1. Lotto: Jasper De Buyst (BEL) & Otto Vergaerde (BEL)
2. Baloise Insurance: Kenny De Ketele (BEL) & Gijs Van Hoecke (BEL)
3. 3M: Yoeri Havik (NED) & Melvin van Zijl (NED)
4. Etixx-QuickStep: Iljo Keisse (BEL) & Michael Morkov (DEN)
5. John Saey – Lecot-Raedschelders: Alex Rasmussen (DEN) & Marc Hester (DEN)
6. Topsport Vlaanderen: Andreas Muller (GER) & Stijn Steels (BEL)
7. Primus Haacht: Marcel Kalz (GER) & Christian Grasmann (GER)
8. Provincie OOst-Vlaanderen: Morgan Kneisky (FRA) & Moreno De Pauw (BEL)
9. Callant – Upgrade Estate: Tristan Marguet (SUI) & Benjamin Thomas (FRA)
10. T-interim: Lindsay De Vylder (BEL) & David Muntaner (ESP)
11. Vanreusel Snacks: Roy Pieters (NED) & Christopher Lawless (GBR)
12. Caruur: Nick Stöpler (NED) & Jesper Morkov (DEN)
Where to watch:
LIVE, day 6, Sunday, November 22: 13.00 – 16.45 (225 mins), British Eurosport 2