The latest race content, interviews, features, reviews and expert buying guides, direct to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up to The Pick. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Peter Sagan (Cannondale) won the opening stage of the USA Pro Challenge, Tour of Colorado in Aspen yesterday. The 23 year old Slovakian continued his winning ways by outsprinting the bunch to take the first leaders jersey of the seven stage race.
Greg Van Avermaet (BMC) and Kiel Reijnan (UnitedHealthcare) finished second and third after racing three laps on the 109km, stage one circuit.
Chris Froome (Sky), in his first race since winning the Tour de France, finished in 77th place in a group 4.59 down on the leaders.
USA Pro Cycling Challenge 2013 stage one: Aspen - Snowmass 110km
1. Peter Sagan (Svk) Cannondale 2-26-00
2. Greg Van Avermat (Bel) BMC Racing +0-00
3. Kiel Reijnen (USA) United Healthcare +0-00
4. Tony Gallopin (Fra) RadioShach Leopard Trek +0-00
5. Tejay Van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing +0-00
6. Damiano Caruso (Ita) Cannondale +0-00
7. Rory Sutherland (Aus) Team Saxo-Tinkoff +0-00
8. Lucas Euser (USA) United Healthcare +0-00
9. Tom Danielson (USA) Garmin-Sharp +0-00
10. Christopher Baldwin (USA) Bissell Pro Cycling +0-00
The peloton tackles a winding road climbing through Colorado
Following a disappointing show at Ride London Peter Sagan shows he's still on form winning stage one
Young and old: Josh Edmondson gives some words of Wisdom to Jens Voigt
If you're the Tour winner you'll have to sign a few autographs
Thank you for reading 20 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1