Briggs accelerated away from his rivals and maintained the momentum to the line to take an impressive victory. The team has now provided the individual winner in all three rounds.
>> Save up to 35% with a magazine subscription. Enjoy the luxury of home delivery and never miss an issue <<
Rory Townsend (Pedal Heaven) placed second, with Chris Lawless (JLT-Condor) in third. Townsend also clocked the fastest lap time of 2-32.73 and moved into the lead in the points competition.
Despite Briggs’s win, it was Madison-Genesis who took the team victory on the night, closing the gaps between themselves and JLT-Condor.
Round four of the 10-round 2016 Pearl Izumi Tour Series takes place in Redditch on Thursday, May 26. Round five then takes place the following day – Firday, May 27 – in Aberystwyth.
Pearl Izumi Tour Series round 3: Edinburgh
1. Graham Briggs (JLT-Condor)
2. Rory Townsend (Pedal Heaven)
3. Chris Lawless (JLT-Condor)
4. Tom Stewart (Madison-Genesis)
5. Albert Torres (Raleigh-GAC)
6. Jack Pullar (Pedal Heaven)
7. Jon Mould (JLT-Condor)
8. James Lowsley-Williams (NFTO)
9. Matt Nowell (Wheelbase Altura)
10. Alex Paton (Pedal Heaven)
Team standings after round three
1. JLT-Condor 39 pts
2. Madison-Genesis 35 pts
3. Team Raleigh-GAC 30 pts
4. Pedal Heaven 29 pts
5. NFTO 27 pts
6. Team Wiggins 0 pts