Domenico Pozzovivo (Colnago-CSF Inox) won the four-day Giro de Trentino overall classification on Friday.
The Italian took the penultimate stage win on Thursday, and then managed to limit his time loss on the final snow-tinged stage to Passo Pordoi to take the biggest win of his career to date.
Colombian Darwin Atapuma (Colombia – Coldeportes) took the final stage victory with compatriot Carlos Betancur (Acqua & Sapone) in second at three seconds and Pozzovivo in third at six seconds.
Damiano Cunego (Lampre-ISD) came fifth on the last stage and finished second overall in the UCI 2.HC-level race. He now travels to Belgium to contest Liege-Bastogne-Liege on Sunday in good shape.
Giro del Trentino 2012, stage four: Castelletto Di Brenzone to Passo Pordoi, 177.5km
1. Darwin Atapuma Hurtado (Col) Colombia-Coldeportes in 4-37-03
2. Carlos Alberto Betancur Gomez (Col) Acqua & Sapone at 3 secs
3. Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox at 16 secs
4. Sylvester Szmyd (Pol) Liquigas-Cannondale at 17 secs
5. Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre-ISD at same time
6. Jose Guillen (Ven) Androni Giocattoli at 21 secs
7. Hubert Dupont (Fra) Ag2 La Mondiale at 30 secs
8. Kevin Seeldraeyers (Bel) Astana at 1-06
9. Miguel Rubiano (Col) Androni Giocattoli at 1-20
10. Pierre Rolland (Fra) Europcar at 1-27
Final overall classification
1. Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) Colnago-CSF Inox in 12-57-47
2. Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre-ISD at 40 secs
3. Sylvester Szmyd (Pol) Liquigas-Cannondale at 1-04
4. Carlos Betancur (Col) Acqua & Sapone at 1-42
5. Jose Rujano (Ven) Androni Giocattoli at 2-07
6. Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Astana at 2-33
7. Hubert Dupont (Fra) Ag2r La Mondiale at 2-34
8. Darwin Atapuma Hurtado (Col) Colombia-Coldeportes at 3-55
9. Marco Pinotti (Ita) BMC Racing at 4-01
10. Mathias Frank (Swi) BMC Racing at 4-05