Rapha-Condor-Sharp’s Matt Cronshaw took the third stage of the P&O Irish Sea Tour of the North but it was former British road champion Hamish Haynes who took over the leaders yellow jersey.
Haynes, riding for Velo Club Ecosse, finished the stage in Limavady right behind Cronshaw, while overnight leader Philip Lavery (Cycling Ulster) lost over a minute and a half in the snow-capped hills of County Londonderry.
Sigma Sport’s Tom Last lies second overall, six seconds adrift, going into Monday’s final 70-mile stage to Ballymena.
1. Matt Cronshaw (Rapha Condor Sharp) 80 miles in 3.22.12
2. Hamish Haynes (VC Ecosse)
3. Conor Murphy (Eurocycles)
4. Tom Last (Sigma Sport-Specialized)
5. Niki Devoldere (Decock Sportivo)
6. Stephen Barrett (Planet X)
7. Conor McAllister (Cycling Ulster)
8. Stephen Gallagher (Sigma Sport-Specialized) all same time
1. Hamish Haynes (VC Ecosse) 6hrs 18min 33 sec
2. T Last (Sigma Sport-Specialized) at 6sec
3. C McAllister (Cycling Ulster) at 8sec
4. N Devoldere (Decock Sportivo) at 15sec
5. P Lavery (Cycling Ulster ) at 1.19
6 D Downing (Rapha Condor-Sharp) at 1.26
Hamish Haynes takes yellow…
…while Lavery loses out, despite taking the first two stages