Veteran Jeremy Hunt notched up his first win of the season and 21st of his career on stage four of the Tour of Denmark on Saturday.
The Devonian was the fastest of a group of four riders including his Cervelo team-mate Roger Hammond that finished 90 seconds ahead of the main pack on the 115 kilometre stage from Korser to Koge.
Having started racing in the Tour of Qatar this February then taken part in the Classics and the Tour of Italy, this was Hunt’s first victory since a stage in the Tour of Langkawi last year.
And in a great day’s racing for Cervelo, Hammond took third on the stage and has moved up to fourth overall, 37 seconds down on race leader Jakob Fuglsang (Saxo Bank) of Denmark.
With the last stage to Frederiksberg on Sunday almost always ending in a bunch sprint, the overall will probably be decided in a 15 kilometre time trial later today [Saturday].
Tour of Denmark, stage four, 115km
1. Jeremy Hunt (GB) Cervelo in 2-15-56
2. Daniel Holm Foder (Den) Concordia-Vesthimmerland at same time
3. Roger Hammond (GB) Cervelo at 2secs
4. Morten Voss Christiansen (Den) Bluewater at same time
5. Martin Reimer (Ger) Cervelo at 1-30
6. Maruro Abel Richeze (Arg) CSF Group-Navigare
7. Kenny De Haes (Bel) Silence-Lotto
8. Lars Ulrich (Den) Concordia-Vesthimmerland
9. Bernardo Riccio (Ita) Ceramica Flaminia
10. Matti Breschel (Den) Saxo Bank at same time.
Overall after four stages
1. Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Saxo Bank in 15-59-16
2. Matti Breschel (Den) Saxo Bank at 12secs
3. Maurizio Biondo (Ita) Ceramica Flaminia at 33secs
4. Roger Hammond (GB) Cervelo at 37secs
5. Martin Pedersen (Den) Capinordic at 38secs
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Founded in 1891, Cycling Weekly and its team of expert journalists brings cyclists in-depth reviews, extensive coverage of both professional and domestic racing, as well as fitness advice and 'brew a cuppa and put your feet up' features. Cycling Weekly serves its audience across a range of platforms, from good old-fashioned print to online journalism, and video.
US Marshals locate Kaitlin Armstrong's car tied to Moriah Wilson murder case
US Marshalls locate Kaitlin Armstrong's car tied to Moriah Wilson murder case. Forty days after issuing arrest warrant, US Marshalls no closer to finding murder suspect, Kaitlin Armstrong.
By Anne-Marije Rook • Published
Every Shimano 105 Di2 bike released so far
There's not many out yet, but we've rounded up the few that are
By Stefan Abram • Published