Veteran Jeremy Hunt notched up his first win of the season and 21st of his career on stage four of the Tour of Denmark on Saturday.
The Devonian was the fastest of a group of four riders including his Cervelo team-mate Roger Hammond that finished 90 seconds ahead of the main pack on the 115 kilometre stage from Korser to Koge.
Having started racing in the Tour of Qatar this February then taken part in the Classics and the Tour of Italy, this was Hunt’s first victory since a stage in the Tour of Langkawi last year.
And in a great day’s racing for Cervelo, Hammond took third on the stage and has moved up to fourth overall, 37 seconds down on race leader Jakob Fuglsang (Saxo Bank) of Denmark.
With the last stage to Frederiksberg on Sunday almost always ending in a bunch sprint, the overall will probably be decided in a 15 kilometre time trial later today [Saturday].
Tour of Denmark, stage four, 115km
1. Jeremy Hunt (GB) Cervelo in 2-15-56
2. Daniel Holm Foder (Den) Concordia-Vesthimmerland at same time
3. Roger Hammond (GB) Cervelo at 2secs
4. Morten Voss Christiansen (Den) Bluewater at same time
5. Martin Reimer (Ger) Cervelo at 1-30
6. Maruro Abel Richeze (Arg) CSF Group-Navigare
7. Kenny De Haes (Bel) Silence-Lotto
8. Lars Ulrich (Den) Concordia-Vesthimmerland
9. Bernardo Riccio (Ita) Ceramica Flaminia
10. Matti Breschel (Den) Saxo Bank at same time.
>> Subscribe to Cycling Weekly this Autumn and save 35%. Enjoy the luxury of home delivery and never miss an issue <<
Overall after four stages
1. Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Saxo Bank in 15-59-16
2. Matti Breschel (Den) Saxo Bank at 12secs
3. Maurizio Biondo (Ita) Ceramica Flaminia at 33secs
4. Roger Hammond (GB) Cervelo at 37secs
5. Martin Pedersen (Den) Capinordic at 38secs