The Dutchwoman once again made sure she was in the front group of riders leading into the final 30km of the race and won the sprint into a brisk headwind from Lizzie Armitstead (Boels-Dolmans) and Chloe Hosking (Hitec Products).
Overnight race leader Pieters finished ninth with the same time as the winner, but thanks to time bonuses picked up at the finish and at the day’s two intermediate sprints, she swapped places with Wild at the end of the day.
>> Subscribe to Cycling Weekly this Autumn and save 35%. Enjoy the luxury of home delivery and never miss an issue <<
Although the race remained together for a large part of the stage, significant time gaps separated the remaining riders behind the leading group of 12 who were first to cross the line.
With one stage left to race, and just five riders within one minute of her on the overall classification, a fourth overall Ladies Tour of Qatar title looks set to be in the bag for Kirsten Wild.
Ladies Tour of Qatar, stage three: Katara Cultural Village to Al Khor Corniche, 93.5km
1. Kirsten Wiild (Giant-Shimano) in 2-27-34
2. Lizzie Armitstead (Boels-Dolmans)
3. Chloe Hosking (Hitec Products)
4. Shelley Olds (Ale Cipollini)
5. Emma Johansson (Orica-AIS)
6. Barbara Guarischi (Ale-Cipollini)
7. Trixi Worrack (Specialized-lululemon)
8. Elena Cecchini (Italy)
9. Amy Pieters (Giant-Shiimano) all at s.t.
10. Loes Gunnewijk (Orica-AIS) at 5 secs
Overall classification after stage three
1. Kirsten Wild (Giant-Shimano) in 7-30-53
2. Amy Pieters (Giant-Shimano) at 9 secs
3. Chloe Hosking (Hitec Products) at 21 secs
4. Emma Johansson (Orica-AIS) at 35 secs
5. Trixi Worrack (Specialized-lululemon) at 47 secs
6. Melissa Hoskins (Orica-AIS) at 55 secs
7. Jolien D’Hoore (Lotto-Belisol) at 1-29
8. Elene Cecchini (Italy) at 1-40
9. Tiffany Cromwell (Specialized-lululemon) at 1-48
10. Iris Slappendel (Rabo-Liv Women) at 2-05