Thanks to victory in the final derny race, the pair extended their previous lead of eight points to 11 over the Lotto-Soudal pairing of Otto Vergaerde and Jasper De Buyst.
During the second Derny race, the Lotto duo did threathen the leaders with De Buyst winning plus a strong showing from Vergaerde, but in the end it was only enough to hold second rather than gain on Keisse and Mørkøv.
Following the terrorist attacks in Paris on November 13 and the associated police operations across France and Belgium, security has been tight in Ghent.
Spectators were thoroughly searched on the way in amid reports of a ‘no bag’ policy.
Ghent Six-Day 2015 – Classification after day two:
1. Iljo Keisse/Michael Mørkøv (Etixx-QuickStep) – 151 points
2. Jasper De Buyst/Otto Vergaerde (Lotto) – 140 points
3. Gijs Van Hoecke/Kenny De Ketele (Baloise Insurance) – 137 points
4. Moreno De Pauw/Morgan Kneisky (Provincie OOst-Vlaanderen) –132 points
5. Marc Hester/Alex Rasmussen (John Saey–Lecot-Raedschelders) – 81 points + 1 lap
6. Jesper Mørkøv/Nick Stöpler (Caruur) – 49 points + 2 laps
7. Melvin van Zijl/Yoeri Havik (3M) – 56 points + 3 laps
8. Christian Grasmann/Marcel Kalz (Primus Haacht) – 42 points + 3 laps
9. Christopher Lawless/Roy Pieters (Vanreusel Snacks) – 19 points + 5 laps
10. Lindsay De Vylder/David Muntaner (T-interim) – 21 points + 14 laps