The latest race content, interviews, features, reviews and expert buying guides, direct to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up to The Pick. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Dutch sensation Marianne Vos (Netherlands) won the Trofeo Alfredo Binda in Italy on Sunday, the opening round of the 2010 UCI Women's World Cup.
It's the second consecutive year that the 22-year-old has won the race. Martine Bras (Gauss RDZ Ormu) gave the Netherlands a one-two with her second place, with Sweden's Emma Johansson (Redsun) third.
Olympic and former world champion Nicole Cooke (Great Britain) was the first British rider home in sixth, at the same time as Vos.
Earlier in the race, Britain's Emma Pooley (Cervelo) had animated a move that brought together the leading pack, but later crashed and had to be content with 14th, one minute and six seconds behind Vos. Pooley won the Trofeo Alfredo Binda in 2008.
The next round of the UCI World Cup is the Women's Tour of Flanders on Sunday, April 4.
Trofeo Alfredo Binda 2010
1. Marianne Vos (Ned) Netherlands 129.8km in 3-27-37
2. Martine Bras (Ned) Gauss RDZ Ormu
3. Emma Johansson (Swe) Redsun
4. Ruth Corset (Aus) Australia
5. Noemi Cantele (Ita) HTC-Columbia
6. Nicole Cooke (GB) Great Britain
7. Elena Berlato (Ita) Top Girls Fassa Bortolo-Ghezzi
8. Judith Arndt (Ger) HTC-Columbia
9. Tatiana Guderzo (Ita) Valdarno at same time
10. Olga Zabelinskaya (Rus) Russia at 5secs
14. Emma Pooley (GB) Cervelo at 1-06
Thank you for reading 20 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1