Adam Blythe (NFTO) and Eileen Roe (Starley-Primal) were victorious at the national circuit championships in Hull on Wednesday night.
The 24 year-old Yorkshireman pipped Chris Opie (Rapha-Condor-JLT) in a two man sprint after the pair attacked with Adam Duggleby (Wheelbase-Altura-MGD) with ten laps to go.
Duggleby later fell back to the chase group ten seconds behind, which was led over the line by Opie's teammate Graham Briggs. Last year's champion Russell Downing (NFTO) followed in 15th.
Roe, who proved herself as the dominant criterium rider of this season with overall victory in the Matrix Fitness GP Series earlier in the year, took a fine solo win with a perfectly timed late attack.
Last year's runner up crossed the line alone as Wiggle-Honda's Amy Roberts was unable to bridge. Charline Joiner (Pearl Izumi-Sports Tours International) rounded out the podium in third.
2014 National Circuit Race Championships
1. Adam Blythe (NFTO) in 59-12
2. Chris Opie (Rapha-Condor-JLT)
3. Graham Briggs (Rapha-Condor-JLT) at 2 secs
4. Kristian House (Rapha-Condor-JLT)
5. Dean Downing (NFTO)
6. James McCallum (NFTO)
7. Dale Appleby (NFTO)
8. Matt Cronshaw (Velosure-Giordana)
9. George Atkins (Raleigh)
10. Pete Williams (Haribo-Beacon) all at s.t.
1. Eileen Roe (Starley-Primal) in 51-06
2. Amy Roberts (Wiggle-Honda) at 2 secs
3. Charline Joiner (Pearl Izumi-Sports Tours International) at 5 secs
4. Hannah Walker (Epic Cycles-Scott)
5. Gabriella Shaw (Pearl Izumi-Sports Tours International)
6. Louise Borthwick (Matrix Fitness-Vulpine)
7. Lauren Therin (Bonito Squadra Corse)
8. Jessie Walker (Matrix Fitness-Vulpine)
9. Louise Mahe (Mule Bar Girl-Sigma Sport) all at s.t.
10. Tanya Griffiths (Starley-Primal) at 8 secs
BikeExchange interested in Tom Dumoulin for 2023 'if he wants to carry on with GC ambitions'
Dumoulin will be free at the end of 2022, when his contract with Jumbo-Visma runs out
By Ryan Dabbs •
Joss Lowden is finally about to turn full-time pro aged 34, but for women cyclists it's rarely that simple
A move to Andorra is on the cards, as well as some family planning before Paris 2024
By Jonny Long •