British first-year WorldTour pro Andy Fenn continued his impressive start to the 2012 season for the Omega Pharma-QuickStep team by winning the bunch sprint at the end of the Trofeo Palma, Mallorca, on Sunday.
Fenn out-paced German Andre Schulze (NetApp) and Russian Alexander Porsev (Katusha) from a long sprint to take the victory at the end of the 116 kilometre race.
Fellow Brit Luke Rowe finished 13th for Sky.
The Trofeo Palma is the opening day's racing of the Challenge Mallorca over February 5-8, which comprises four days of individual races.
Fenn's road career really took off in 2011 when he was signed up by the An Post-Sean Kelly team. A stage win at the Tour de Bretagne and bronze at the under-23 men's world champs road race caught the eye of Belgian team Omega Pharma-QuickStep, who signed up Fenn for the 2012 season
Trofeo Palma, Challenge Mallorca 2012: 116km
1. Andrew Fenn (GBr) Omega Pharma-QuickStep in 2-23-53
2. Andre Schulze (Ger) NetApp
3. Alexander Porsev (Rus) Katusha
4. Manuel Cardoso (Por) Caja Rural
5. Daniele Bennati (Ita) RadioShack-Nissan
6. Remco Te Brake (Ned) Cycling Team De Rijke
7. Matti Breschel (Den) Rabobank
8. Alexey Tsatevitch (Rus) Katusha
9. Zakkari Dempster (Aus) Endura
10. Matteo Pelucchi (Ita) Europcar all same time
13. Luke Rowe (GBr) Sky at same time
62 Alex Dowsett (GBr) Sky at 8 secs
162 jonny McEvoy (GBr) Endura at 45 secs
165 Erick Rowsell (GBr) Endura at 53 secs
Fenn starts pro career Down Under
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1