Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Ben Swift, Philippe Gilbert and elsewhere in the world on two wheels.
1. Ben Swift inadvertantly tries to usurp Andy Schleck as the cyclist who tweets random letters.
Schleck’s insightful 2014 tweet…
2. Life is a constant learning experience. Although knowing Lincoln is in England probably should have made the cut by now.
3. Don’t you just hate it when you’re cycling along, minding your own business, taking photos of yourself and a former Tour de France winner comes and ruins the whole thing?
4. Tweets of the week regular David Millar didn’t hide his love for former teammate Ryder Hesjedal this week, as the Canadian turned the suffer gauge up to 11 with some big rides at the Giro d’Italia.
5. Double Giro 2015 stage winner Philippe Gilbert looks forward to an uphill start and an uphill finish on stage 16, with a quick detour over the Mortirolo as well.
6. Needless to say, they had the last laugh.
7. Dani King experiences a different kind of suffering.
8. Leopold König put his money where his mouth is after being sanctioned by the Giro jury this week.
9. There’s a gap in the market here…somewhere.
10. And finally, the Giro seems to take its toll in different way on certain people.