Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in the professional peloton. Here’s some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Jens Voigt, Alex Dowsett and Ian Bibby.
1. The sporting world was rocked by the death of Australian cricketer Philip Hughes, who died playing the sport he loved. Our cycling friends from Down Under paid their respects
>> Struggling to get to the shops? Try 6 issues of Cycling Weekly magazine for just £6 delivered to your door <<
2. In a less serious tweet, Andre Greipel looks terrifying in close up, with this selfie he took of Lotto’s tandem ride.
3. Alex Dowsett reported on an inappropriate cold call he received this week. He added that he didn’t sign up, surprisingly.
4. Former hour record holder and general hardman Jens Voigt is enjoying his retirement, by the looks of it.
5. David Millar is not…
6. Madison Genesis rider Ian Bibby poses this ponderer.
7. Kiwi powerhouse Greg Henderson did something awesome this week.
8. While Mark Cavendish shared a private moment between him and his masseuse.
9. Bibby also wins the award for ‘wierdest cyclist tweet of the week’ with this beauty of him eating toast on a moped. As you do.
10. Roman Kreuziger shared a photo that will guilt-trip those of us who are skipping winter training into getting on our bikes again.
Ten tweets that caught our eye this week from the professional peloton
Jan Deckx has come up with a new solution to rear wheel removal.
Base mileage, keeping on top of your fitness and avoiding cold weather weight gain: winter cycling is critically important to