Including two ebikes and three mountain bikes
Chris Boardman had eight bikes and some scuba diving equipment stolen from his Merseyside home on Sunday night.
Thieves broke into the former world and Olympic champion’s garage in Gayton between the hours of 7pm on Sunday and 9:20am Monday and stole over £10,000 worth of bikes including a top-of-the-range Dura Ace Di2 equipped SLS Disc 9.8 worth five thousand pounds.
Here is the full list of stolen items:
- Two electric Gtech eBike City bikes, with black electric battery packs on the frame and Gtech light sets
- A Boardman Junior Mountain bike with disc brakes
- A Boardman Hybrid Pro with Continental hybrid tyres and Halfords light set
- A Boardman Hybrid Pro (aluminium with carbon forks)
- Two Boardman Pro 29er bikes
- A Boardman SLS Disc Di2 with carbon frame and forks and Shimano Dura-ace electric brakes
- A Dumpy 12 litre diving cylinder with ‘Steve Mac’ written on it
- A Halcyon BCD with handmade lead back plate
Police were called to the address on Monday morning after an overnight burglary was reported. They have carried out a forensic examination and door-to-door enquiries.
The crime is thought to have been carried out by a gang who broke into his home. Chris Boardman is currently commentating on the UCI Track World Championships for the BBC.
Detective Constable John Molyneux said: “Fortunately there was nobody at home at the time of the burglary, but the victim is understandably distressed about the fact they have been targeted in this way.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in the Gayton area and noticed anything suspicious to contact police. Your information will be looked at thoroughly and could really help our enquiries.
I would also ask anyone who thinks they may have been offered items matching the descriptions of the items, or seen them being stored, to contact police.”
Anyone with information can call Merseyside Police on the 101 number or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Boardman has responded to the thefts on Twitter: