By Nigel Wynn
Dan McLay (Bretagne-Seche Environnement) won the Otley Grand Prix in West Yorkshire on Wednesday evening, with Annasley Park (Giordana-Triton) claiming the victory in the women's event.
McLay out-sprinted Chris Latham after the latter's 100% ME team had played a large role in trying to organise the race for Latham during its closing stages.
Jon Mould (One Pro Cycling) came home for third in the opening round of the British Cycling Elite Circuit Race Series.
Park took the women's race win after spending almost its entirety in an escape with Dame Sarah Storey (Pearl Izumi-Sports Tours International). Nineteen-year-old Park got the better of the multiple Paralympic champion in the close final sprint.
Park's Giordana-Triton team-mate Nicola Juniper headed the chasing group home in third to continue her lead in the British Cycling Women’s Road Series with two rounds remaining.
Otley Grand Prix
1. Dan McLay (Bretagne-Seche Environnement)
2. Chris Latham (100% ME)
3. Jon Mould (One Pro Cycling)
4. Morgan Kneiskey (Raleigh-GAC)
5. Scott Thwaites (Bora-Argon 18)
6. David McGowan (Pedal Heaven RT)
7. Felix English (JLT-Condor)
8. George Atkins (One Pro Cycling)
9. Dale Appleby (NFTO)
10. Liam Stones (Raleigh-GAC)
Otley Women's Grand Prix
1. Annasley Park (Giordana-Triton)
2. Dame Sarah Storey (Pearl Izumi-Sports Tours International)
3. Nicola Juniper (Giordana-Triton)
4. Rebecca Nixon (Fusion RT)
5. Abby-Mae Parkinson (Giordana-Triton)
6. Brit Tate (WNT)
7. Amira Mellor (Paul Milnes-Bradford Olympic)
8. Elizabeth-Jane Harris (Army Cycling Union)
9. Bethany Hayward (Pearl Izumi Sports Tours International)
10. Elizabeth Stedman (University of Sheffield CC)
'Opi-Omi' Tour de France spectator who caused crash on opening stage to appear in court
The spectator will be facing charges of causing 'involuntary injuries' and 'endangering others'
By Tim Bonville-Ginn •
Police urge cyclist caution after multiple Richmond Park bike robberies
The Metropolitan Police are increasing patrols in the park following four reports of bike theft in the past week
By Ryan Dabbs •