Britain's Melissa Lowther finishes in seventh place in 2014 UCI Road World Championships junior women's time trial
Macey Stewart headed up a strong performance by the Australian team in the junior women’s time trial at the 2104 UCI Road World Championships in Ponferrada, Spain.
Stewart clocked 20 minutes and 8.39 seconds over the rain-soaked course, over 10 seconds clear of second-placed Pemille Mathiesen of Denmark, with Stewart’s fellow Aussies Anna-Leeze Hull and Alexandra Manly in third and fourth places respectively.
British rider Melissa Lowther had set the early fast mark, and ended the day in a highly creditable seventh spot, 27.69 seconds adrift of Stewart. Britain’s other representative in the race, Grace Garner, placed 41st.
2014 UCI Road World Championship, junior women’s time trial
1. Macey Stewart (Aus) in 20-08.39
2. Pemille Mathiesen (Den) at 10.79 secs
3. Anna-Leeza Hull (Aus) at 13.31 secs
4. Alexandra Manly (Aus) at 13.81 secs
5. Emma White (USA) at 26.47 secs
6. Greta Richioud (Fra) at 26.63 secs
7. Melissa Lowther (GBr) at 27.69 secs
8. Aafke Soet (Ned) at 28.23 secs
9. Daria Pikulik (Pol) at 38.91 secs
10. Daria Egorova (Rus) at 44.73 secs
41. Grace Garner (GBr) at 1-57.75
BMC out-gunned last year’s winners Omega Pharma-Quick Step and Orica-GreenEdge for the team time trial world title today in Ponferrada,…
Image's from the men's team time trial event at the 2014 Road World Championships, won by BMC
Images from the women's team time trial event at the 2014 Road World Championships in Spain
Watch as Rabobank-Liv spectacularly crash out of women's team time trial world championship race