By Jonny Long
Another week, another set of tweets. Just as we started to look forward to the opening weekend in Belgium, could they be the only races we get in the near future?
Confusion surrounds the UAE Tour after the final two stages were cancelled following reports of coronavirus, leading to all 600 riders and staff being quarantined inside their hotel, however, the latest reports allege no one has actually taken ill with the virus.
It will take some time before we get the whole story and understand how the situation will affect cycling. But it is safe to say the world is a complicated, bewildering place at the minute. The only solution I have for you is to kick back, relax, and take a look at some of these tweets until it all blows over.
1. I imagine he'll want to offload that bottle before the final climb to save a bit of weight
2. Footballer, cyclist, child actor - Evenepoel really is some talent
3. Prove me wrong: Luka Mezgec is one of the most underrated riders in the peloton
4. Jonathan Vaughters keeping things light as per usual
5. Can someone check on Alex Dowsett please and let us know he's okay
6. A fantastic, definitely intentional, prank from the race director's car - bravo!
7. What was less expected at the start of the year: A virus shutting down a WorldTour race or Chris Froome using a gif of Stiffler from American Pie 3?
8. The peloton's equivalent of photo-bombing
9. Well, at least he didn't call us 'fake news'
10. Next stop - the rest of the cycling calendar to be completed via Zwift!
We’ll be back next week with more from the wonderful world of cycling social media.
Hi. I'm Cycling Weekly's Weekend Editor. I like writing offbeat features and eating too much bread when working out on the road at bike races. I'm 6'0", 26 years old, have a strong hairline and have an adequate amount of savings for someone my age. I'm very single at the minute so if you know anyone, hit me up.
Before joining Cycling Weekly I worked at The Tab, reporting about students evacuating their bowels on nightclub dancefloors and consecrating their love on lecture hall floors. I've also written for Vice, Time Out, and worked freelance for The Telegraph (I know, but I needed the money at the time so let me live).
I also worked for ITV Cycling between 2011-2018 on their Tour de France and Vuelta a España coverage. Sometimes I'd be helping the producers make the programme and other times I'd be getting the lunches. Just in case you were wondering - Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen had the same ham sandwich every day, it was great.
Best Black Friday cycling deals that will save you a fortune
Our ultimate guide on where and how make the most savings on the big discount deal day
By Hannah Bussey •
Inside Hell - Behind the scenes at Paris Roubaix Femmes
Cycling Weekly jumped in one of the Drops Le Col team cars to watch the glorious chaos of Paris Roubaix unfold
By Vern Pitt •