Brit Emma Pooley (AA Drink-Leontien.nl) stamped her authority on the 2012 Cycliste Feminin International de l’Ardeche in France, winning the final stage and the overall classification.
Defending champion Pooley was already at the top of the GC going into the final stage to Saint-Martin-d’Ardèche after winning stage three. Instead of taking an armchair ride to the line she took a fine solo win to underline her impressive form, coming home 3-43 ahead of Tayler Wiles (USA).
Rachel Neylan placed third on the stage at the same time as Wiles.
Pooley topped the GC by 5-11 over South African Ashleigh Moolman (Lotto-Belisol), and 5-23 ahead of Wiles.
British road race champion and Pooley’s British AA Drink team-mate Sharon Laws finished in sixth spot overall.
Cycliste Feminin International de l’Ardeche 2012
Final overall classification
1. Emma Pooley (GBr) AA Drink-Leontien.nl in 16-00-50
2. Ashleigh Moolman (RSA) Lotto-Belisol at 5-11
3. Tayler Wiles (USA) USA at 5-23
4. Rachel Neylan (Aus) at 5-28
5. Karol-Ann Canuel (Can) Vienne Futuroscope at 5-48
6. Sharon Laws (GBr) AA drink-Leontien.nl at 6-02
7. Kristin Mcgrath (USA) USA at 9-18
8. Noemi Cantele (Ita) Be Pink at 10-06
9.Leah Kirchmann (Can) Canada at 12-26
10. Carla Ryan (Aus) at 14-04