Tweets of the week: Geraint Thomas, Phil Gaimon, Tao Geoghegan Hart and more
I know you're going to dig this
Another week, another set of tweets. Rather than rolling around in the sewer that is Twitter, every week we endeavour to sort through the dumpster fire and pull out the smouldering diamonds in the rough.
Twitter's market valuation is around £50 billion, and seeing as this article is basically Twitter with all the bad bits missing...well, how can you really put a price on that.
If anyone needs me, I'll be in my limo. Stationary on the driveway because it's a lockdown and jail wouldn't suit someone who evaluates tweets for a living.
1. Ladies and gentlemen, we got him
2. If this was the 2020 calendar, then it could have been true
3. Social media abuse is a growing problem online
4. With everything else going on at the moment pancake day really crêped up on us this year
5. This time last year vs. this year
6. While you sleep this is what @NairoInGreen is doing
7. Keep your fingers and toes crossed
8. The Curious Case of Alejandro Valverde
9. They say be careful what you wish for but you don't expect that to entail a pandemic
10. Actually, there was only really one tweet that mattered this week
We'll be back in seven day's time with more pure fuego tweets from the cycling world.
Thank you for reading 10 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Hi. I'm Cycling Weekly's Weekend Editor. I like writing offbeat features and eating too much bread when working out on the road at bike races.
Before joining Cycling Weekly I worked at The Tab and I've also written for Vice, Time Out, and worked freelance for The Telegraph (I know, but I needed the money at the time so let me live).
I also worked for ITV Cycling between 2011-2018 on their Tour de France and Vuelta a España coverage. Sometimes I'd be helping the producers make the programme and other times I'd be getting the lunches. Just in case you were wondering - Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen had the same ham sandwich every day, it was great.
Training prioritised over racing: Why Mathieu van der Poel hasn't raced since Paris-Roubaix
Dutchman sets his sights on Tour de France and then road and MTB at Glasgow World Championships
By Adam Becket • Published
‘I surprised myself’ - Julian Alaphilippe back to winning ways on stage two of Critérium du Dauphiné
Former world champion rediscovers form ahead of the Tour de France
By Tom Davidson • Published