Ten tweets that caught our eye this week from the world of cycling
Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Owain Doull, Sep Vanmarcke and Peta Cavendish.
2. Either cylcists have massive hands, or Team Sky were drinking tiny tins of beer to celebrate Froome’s Tour de France win.
3. Tweets of the week regular Ian Bibby smashed the National Criterium Championships in Barnsley on Wednesday night.
4. …and Bibby got a congratulatory message from Bear Grylls.
5. Mark Cavendish slept off his Tour de France illness in the comfort of his own home.
6. While Cavendish did win a stage at the Tour, Peter Sagan had to settle for a handful of second places. But he was happy enough to pretend his green jersey trophy was a machine gun on the podium. Not sure Froome was so impressed though.
7. Team Wiggins rider Owain Doull feels the joy of being forced to pee in a cup at 6am
8. LottoNL-Jumbo rider Sep Vanmarcke saw a ghost on stage 21 of the Tour de France.
9. Alex Dowsett was also in Paris, having abandoned the Tour on stage 12, and was given his yellow race number for being part of the winning squad in the team classification.
10. And finally, Helen Wyman is having this important crisis.
Watch the best bits of the 2015 Tour de France