Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) took his third consecutive overall win in the Ruta de Sol on Sunday, after a dominant display throughout the race that also saw his win the three opening stages.
Despite a concerted effort by his Sky team, Richie Porte was relegated to the position of observer as Valverde romped home for the victory, finishing 31 seconds ahead of Porte in the general classification.
Luis León Sánchez (Caja Rural) completed the final podium in third. Welshman Geraint Thomas (Sky) finished just outside the top 10 in 11th spot.
Last day stage honours went to Moreno Hofland (Belkin), who edged out Nikias Arndt (Giant Shimano) and Kenneth Van Bilsen (Topsport Vlaanderen) on the line.
Ruta del Sol 2014: Final overall classification
1. Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Movistar in 18-47-45
2. Richie Porte (Aus) Sky at 31 secs
3. Luis Leon Sanchez (Spa) Caja Rural at 33 secs
4. Jon Izagirre (Spa) Movistar at 33 secs
5. Tanel Kangert (Est) Astana at 43 secs
6. Bauke Mollema (Ned) Belkin at 55 secs
7. Thomas Degand (Bel) Wanty-Groupe Gobert at 1-02
8. Daniel Navarro (Spa) Cofidis at 1-06
9. Michele Scarponi (Ita) Astana at 1-13
10. Luis Angel Mate (Spa) Cofidis at 1-24
11. Geraint Thomas (GBr) Sky at 1-30
Photo finish for bunch sprint on stage three of the Ruta del Sol as Alejandro Valverde keeps lead
The Movistar race leader once again takes advantage of Sky's pace-setting to take the queen stage of the 2014 edition