The coronavirus situation grows more serious by the day and the fate of bike races increasingly becomes the least important thing by any stretch.
After losing the Italian March races, a number of Belgian Classics have now followed before the postponement of the Giro d’Italia was also announced.
>> Subscribe to Cycling Weekly this Autumn and save 35%. Enjoy the luxury of home delivery and never miss an issue <<
While the coronavirus can take our bike races they’ll never take our tweets! That’s a promise…I think.
1. The cancellation of Strade Bianche and lockdown of Italy hasn’t completely dented the spirit of the people of Siena. No joke here, just a heartwarming video
2. One thing I didn’t know I needed this week was Tim Declerq beefing with Ilnur Zakarin on the timeline
3. We’ll decide that thank you very much, Nathan
4. Although, this has to be the Instagram post of the year, so unbelievably wholesome
5. Mads Pedersen, world champion at cycling and interviewing by the looks of it
6. He has been everywhere this week to be fair
7. The true power of the bidet is revealed in troubled times
8. Give Friebe his Pulitzer already
9. Question: Is the cure for coronavirus…cyclocross?
10. I dunno, if I’d been in a break for over 200km I don’t think I’d be taking it as well as Tratnik has
We’ll be back in seven days’ time for more of the best from social media across the cycling world.