By Jonny Long
The coronavirus situation grows more serious by the day and the fate of bike races increasingly becomes the least important thing by any stretch.
After losing the Italian March races, a number of Belgian Classics have now followed before the postponement of the Giro d'Italia was also announced.
While the coronavirus can take our bike races they'll never take our tweets! That's a promise...I think.
1. The cancellation of Strade Bianche and lockdown of Italy hasn't completely dented the spirit of the people of Siena. No joke here, just a heartwarming video
2. One thing I didn't know I needed this week was Tim Declerq beefing with Ilnur Zakarin on the timeline
3. We'll decide that thank you very much, Nathan
4. Although, this has to be the Instagram post of the year, so unbelievably wholesome
5. Mads Pedersen, world champion at cycling and interviewing by the looks of it
6. He has been everywhere this week to be fair
7. The true power of the bidet is revealed in troubled times
8. Give Friebe his Pulitzer already
9. Question: Is the cure for coronavirus...cyclocross?
10. I dunno, if I'd been in a break for over 200km I don't think I'd be taking it as well as Tratnik has
We’ll be back in seven days’ time for more of the best from social media across the cycling world.
Hi. I'm Cycling Weekly's Weekend Editor. I like writing offbeat features and eating too much bread when working out on the road at bike races. I'm 6'0", 26 years old, have a strong hairline and have an adequate amount of savings for someone my age. I'm very single at the minute so if you know anyone, hit me up.
Before joining Cycling Weekly I worked at The Tab, reporting about students evacuating their bowels on nightclub dancefloors and consecrating their love on lecture hall floors. I've also written for Vice, Time Out, and worked freelance for The Telegraph (I know, but I needed the money at the time so let me live).
I also worked for ITV Cycling between 2011-2018 on their Tour de France and Vuelta a España coverage. Sometimes I'd be helping the producers make the programme and other times I'd be getting the lunches. Just in case you were wondering - Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen had the same ham sandwich every day, it was great.
Leaked contract shows Manuela Fundación tried to buy Mitchelton-Scott for €7 million
The failed takeover of the Australian squad, now called Team BikeExchange, caused confusion in June last year
By Jonny Long •
'I hope he doesn't think I'm some fanatic weirdo': Man fulfils promise to get Mark Cavendish tattoo if he won another race
Paul James has paid homage to the sprinter's comeback with a tattoo of the Tour de France green jersey winner
By Jonny Long •